Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I stand in the Crosswinds between Improvidence and Providence.

9th Archetype ~ The Hermit
On May 15th, 1974, four years to the day since my blood father died, my black cat "Inky" vanished chasing June bugs outside my rented cottage in Nantucket and triggered a personal reversal of fortune that stripped me of my career as a street artist, first marriage, and left me with only my dirt-floor sign-painting shop as as place to live. On the wall above my art table was a sign written by my assistant sign-maker. It read as follows:

"In Case of Emergency, such as Fire, Flood, Earthquake, Running Paint, or Spilled Ink... Push Button to avoid broken windows!"

At the time, a popular song by 10cc, "The Wall Street Shuffle," was on the charts and I saw my career as a visual artist slide down the proverbial drainpipe on the coat-tails of a Wall Street lawyer whom I thought I could trust. By my 25th birthday, on March 19th, 1975, I hit rock bottom... as I had traveled by bus to peddle my illustrations to a childrens' book publisher in Philadelphia, only to find city transit on strike, get caught in driving rain, and become sick as a dog upon my return to Nantucket. Thus my "Dark night of the Soul" began... a personal nightmare which lasted over 12 years until the autumn of 1985, when I met the woman, who was to become mother of my two, now grown, children. Thus, the tide of my personal Karma began to turn!

Now, over 30 years later, I AM living in western Massachusetts as Member of Sirius Community and feel that my mission to help brighten the Light of this aging Ecovillage has brought me to the cusp, where Improvidence (lack of means) meets Providence (financial abundance) in the crosswinds of a major paradigm shift. The Event is upon us... ~ JDHWB-R

Deconstructing The Construct Ep 12 - 11 July 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment