Friday, December 30, 2016

Sign of the Lantern Books: I re-light the Lantern but it goes out...

 
~ Inspired by the Old Corner Bookstore in Boston ~
Joseph H. Bryan-Royster, Ph.D., Msc.D.
 Archetypal Research and Synthesis Metaphysician

In 1999, my independent mail order drop-ship book business became associated with the online bookselling giant, Amazon.com. It's name was changed to "The Lanternlight Traveller Book Corner" and logo was The Old Corner Bookstore in Boston. Business grew and thrived through much of 2003, and included a section on Y2K Preparedness, along with over 500 selected Metaphysical book titles. I closed this store in October of that year but continued to offer the books at other locations around the World Wide Web, until I put them into an Amazon.com aStore in 2010 connected with the Joseph H. Bryan-Royster, Ph.D, Archetypal Research & Synthesis Metaphysician Web site hosted by Google.

On December 23rd, 2016 I decided to re-open "Sign of the Lantern Books," under original name given on November 15th, 1993 that I used when it was a mail order drop-ship book selling business and re-activate my Amazon.com Associates account. Then I was notified of changes in protocol that rendered my site ineligible for participation in the program! I AM returning to drop-ship bookselling and fulfilling my own orders, since Amazon.com made the decision to deny my Associates application. I have determined that this company thinks it is "too big to fail," as their market share is now #44 on the Fortune 500 list of global corporations (Walmart is #1). I no longer will be purchasing products of any kind from Amazon.com and I ask that others join me in bringing this corporation back into a balanced perspective through boycott of their merchandise. Please help me in this effort to transform a multi-national corporation through collective withdrawal of monetary energy, until it is more responsive too those of us who have been supporting company's growth... ~ JDHWB-R

Proprietor's Book Selections (1st seven titles, of over 500) have been removed from this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment