Monday, February 1, 2016

SIRIUS COMMUNITY WITH EARTHLANDS COLLECTIVE!


Saturday was a full morning of “Joyful Productivity” for travelers from Sirius Community to Earthlands Collective in Petersham, Massachusetts. After an introductory meeting in the dining room at The Lodge opened by Larry Buell, founder of Earthlands, two groups of people formed work parties, one inside The Lodge to paint walls and ceilings and one outside to split and stack firewood for heating fuel.

Then Cliff and Ray prepared everyone lunch. I opted to stay and continue the interior painting project, which ended up going through Sunday, because I released my ride back to Sirius without making sure that my alternative ride was set with the driver.

I spent 13 hours total, spread over two days, which I have banked via Earthlands Time Exchange for buying goods and/or services via hOurworld, a network of affiliated Time Banks across the USA.

This was a grand beginning for building a “bridge of cooperation” between two Intentional Communities located in western Massachusetts: Sirius and Earthlands... JDHWB-R

LANTERN OF THE HERMIT SHINES BEYOND HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment