Sunday, December 3, 2017

CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR BRUCE WAS HELD TODAY!


My Memories of Bruce Davidson, late Founder of Sirius...

In Builders of the Dawn by Corinne McLaughlin and Gordon Davidson, a book about Intentional Communities around the world, I first heard about Sirius Community and its location in western Massachusetts

I arrived at Sirius in the Spring of 2015 and worked Saturday "Joyful Productivity" with Bruce Davidson, whom I just met, feeding brush into "Chewy the Chipper." In July, I saw Bruce again when I forgot how to get from Baker Road to the Community Center, driving beyond Lakshme Greenhouse and getting stuck until I managed to turn my car around to make a left toward the parking lot. Bruce just stared at me in disbelief!

During my 5-week Immersion Program in September, I had the opportunity to listen to Bruce as he taught the IPs about tools in the Woodworking Shop and knew exactly where tools need to be returned after use. Also, his storytelling, about life at Sirius Community spanning more than 35 years, was wonderful.

I lived at John Sprague's house near Sirius while exploring Membership, and eventually moved into the Connecting Space between Kialasha and the Lighthouse where I live now.

I became a Full Member of Sirius Community in March of this year, and briefly served Bruce as one of his PCAs after he broke his leg. Bringing him out to his garden behind the Long House, and helping him feed the birds was a highlight of this period for me.

I enjoyed coming to the Wisdom Circle in the Long House to hear Bruce teach us about lessons he has learned through his travels around the world over the years.

I know that Bruce is presently shining that incredible Light in his clear blue eyes from on high, alongside the Angel of Sirius and watching over us all...

Joseph H. Bryan-Royster, Full Member of Sirius


No comments:

Post a Comment