Friday, March 20, 2020

Lantern of the Hermit Internal illumination Blog Begins 8th Year

WHEN THE SWALLOWS COME BACK TO CAPISTRANO
Pat Boone - When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano (1957)

Charted at #80 on Billboard chart in November 1957. B-side of "April Love" which charted at #1. This song had been #2 for the Glenn Miller Orchestra in 1940, and #4 for the Ink Spots in August 1940. Original Billboard review: "Swallows" is in the same groove as "There's a Gold Mine in the Sky", and Boone presents the Leon Rene evergreen with the same sock mastery."



Yesterday I turned 70 years of age, having been born on St. Joseph's Day (the 19th of March) in Pasadena, California at 1:20 AM. Since then, I hitch-hiked across the United States and have lived on the island of Nantucket in Southeast Massachusetts as a free-lance artist initially then later as an interior painter for the Jared Coffin House resort hotel. There, I met and married the mother of my two adult children, Mary and David (aka Damian), who live in Boylston, MA and Crossville, TN respectively. After moving away from New Bedford, I joined an Eco-village in the western part of the state, becoming a full member of it. Then I briefly visited a close friend whom I met in Nantucket, living in central Florida presently. I spent some time with my son Damian before traveling with a girlfriend from Tusla, OK to Colorado Springs, CO; lastly meeting my sister and brother for lunch in Bell, CA prior to boarding a bus back to MA, shipping belongings south via FL (where I thought I might be living) to Crossville, TN. I now live in my own 2-bedroom apartment in downtown Crossville, not far from where Damian lives with his partner Charles, who helped him set me up in my apartment. They are Godsends and I thank them both! May the Light of Source illuminate Humanity's collective Path in Life...

Joseph David Henry Ware Bryan-Royster
Editor & Publisher, Lantern of the Hermit

(photographic artist; Diana Nuttman, her own work)

No comments:

Post a Comment