Saturday, November 30, 2019

From Childhood, Cottage at Home, Across Bridge, and Beyond...


I AM eleven years old, dancing with Elizabeth in Cotillion class inside the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, moving toward the door when scene changes to woodlands. We cross a multi-colored fieldstone foot bridge over a brook bisected by an ornate iron gate. A red-haired woman stands as sentry... Do I have a Key? When I look into her green eyes she smiles. We recognize each other and the gate swings open, allowing us passage. Forest trees become thick jungle, then open to reveal a giant Mayan step pyramid standing before us. I climb up to the top, following a beautiful Yellow Swallowtail butterfly, who had been in human form as Gatekeeper when Elizabeth and I crossed the bridge. At pyramid's apex I watch a pair of Archangels, in white robes wrestling for dominance. Suddenly they stop grappling, look deep into each other's eyes, then embrace as brothers before ascending skyward, with the beautiful butterfly following them into Heaven...

Image Credit: Deanna Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment