Friday, October 19, 2018

AI (Artificial Improvidence): The Jay Effect...




Jay was a grey & white cat who lived at the Lighthouse next door to "My" Space. He looked a lot like Bilbo Baggins, a cat that I had in Nantucket in 1974. He was 1 of 2 siblings from the cat lady on Pine St. which my 1st wife & I got, after Inky had disappeared chasing june bugs on 5/15. Frodo wasted away as a kitten, yet Bilbo was fine. When Improvidence blindsided me after Inky was gone, like Job in days of old, I lost it all... my wife, my business, our cottage on the waterfront... all gone. All I had was my dirt-floor.sign shop, on Center Street, where I moved with Bilbo who got fleas soon thereafter. I set off a bomb (to rid my cat of fleas, only to have them jump to other end of the cellar. The tenant at that end would not speak to me for over a year! So, I took Bilbo up to Mill Hill & released him to go into the wild... I was offered Jay to house, for a month in My Space, while this cat's owner was on a retreat... but Jay vanished before I had an opportunity to take him. Karma? What goes around, comes around? Methinks it is. This event triggered what I have come to recognize as "Artificial Improvidence."

My "dark night of the Soul" began in 1974 with a business collapse, throwing me in an emotional wasteland, which I now call the Improvidence Zone. So, until meeting my 2nd wife in 1985... I was alone & lost.

Artificial Improvidence lasted 2 weeks or so... It passed when I was able to access funds supplemental to Social Security & Pension, I draw presently in retirement.

Joseph David Henry Ware Bryan-Royster 

Video Source: https://youtu.be/Tpl6ncyxLGw

Jay, my next door neighbor's cat who vanished 

No comments:

Post a Comment